View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fit_is_slo
Slushbox ecomodder

SloFit - '08 Honda Fit Sport
Team Honda
90 day: 36.63 mpg (US)

4Runner - '02 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD
Team Toyota

Nissan Hardbody - '96 Nissan D21 Hardbody
90 day: 25.1 mpg (US)
Calling automatic Honda Fit owners

First post here so here we go, I have a 2008 Honda Fit sport automatic I bought new years ago, I've been lurking here on and off for years and finally a few months ago decided to get serious about efficiency with it. I’ve done a few mods to it currently, I have lrr tires a decent hot air intake setup pulling off the fan shroud, a temporary upper grill block made of styrofoam and electrical tape, I’m soon going to do a lower block and block heater to it, but my biggest nag with my car is the tcc engagement, it will engage lightly at pretty slow speeds but even then any throttle kicks it off, 50mph seems to be the magic speed that it gives you more throttle before it disengages but even then it’s too conservative.
I want to do a lockup mod but I’ve acquired a wiring diagram for the transmission and don’t see a tcc wire on there, has anyone successfully done one on these cars? I’ve searched the forum pretty extensively and found the other threads but didn’t see any especially Honda specific information.
I’ve gone from a tank average of 27ish to 35 with mods and behavioral adjustments in mixed Atlanta suburbs driving.
Great community here I’ll try not to lurk in the shadows anymore