View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Even though a firearm does make it easier, many household objects can have some lethal potential depending on how they're used. But anyway, considering what has happened in some s#!thole countries like mine when stricter gun laws were implemented, I'm sure it won't work in America. Well, Switzerland is a good example that responsible gun ownership is better than taking away the right of self-defense from its citizens.
When was the last time a toddler took the life of a fellow family member with a household object with "lethal potential" that was NOT a gun?

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% for responsible firearms ownership. Period, full stop. But that operative word, responsible, needs to be something more than a jingo. From that point of view, someone who lets a child get a hold of a gun is NOT responsible, and unfortunately the consequence of that person having guns in the house is someone dying.

If we enforced laws on firearms like we have vehicles, this would be less frequent. Training. Insurance. Better technology like operator interlocks. All of this is possible without limiting any responsible use of firearms.