View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 01:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Shall we go further down the rabbit hole?

Vehicle weight per wheel for the tire and PCI, the bolt circle, and offset for the wheel. Rim width affects turn-in, a handling issue. I went with 165-50/15 over 165-45/15 for payload weight.

Wikipedia lists the i3 weights
Quote:
Curb weight
60 Ah: 1,195 kg (2,635 lb)
60 Ah: 1,315 kg (2,899 lb) (with range extender)
edit: I was looking at the Wikipedia article. About the range issue:
Quote:
In May 2016, BMW announced that the 2017 model year (MY) BMW i3 will have a 33 kWh battery, up from 22 kWh in the previous model, allowing to increased range. The battery pack capacity was increased by more than 50% without changes in exterior dimensions.... The improved battery has an upgraded electronics package that has new software mapping for the battery cooling system and the electric motor. The 94 A·h battery pack fits both the all-electric i3 and the i3 with the range extender.

The Range Extender (REx) variant will also feature the same higher capacity battery as the all-electric model, with a corresponding all-electric range increase. The 2017 REx model will offer additional range in the American market thanks to a fuel tank that is 25% larger than the previous model with capacity for 2.4 US gal (9.1 l; 2.0 imp gal). This is actually the same tank the i3 has always been manufactured with and used outside the U.S., but BMW had locked out the tank’s last half-gallon of capacity in the American market to meet California's ZEV requirements for vehicles with range extender, as the car had more gasoline-powered range than all-electric range, which would affect its status as a zero-emissions vehicle (ZEV) in California.
Heh.

Last edited by freebeard; 03-16-2018 at 01:26 AM..