View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 04:47 PM   #166 (permalink)
ProDigit
EcoModding Apprentice

In USA, they will be good enoigh for the city or the go kart track, and even then, they probably will be outperformed by a kawasaki Z125 pro, or a grom 125, both are lighter in weight, and more comfortable to ride.

I have the CBR300r, it works great everywhere, save for the interstate.
What we really need is a 400 cc bike like this.

There are a lot of people out there who look at pretty colors, but not the functionality, and this bike aside from looks, is just not functional in USA.

If I were to buy a 125cc for the city, it would either be a cvt belt driven scooter with storage space (cargo), or a tiny, lightweight,comfortable upright bike.
If I want an all rounder, it would be a lightweight 350-400lbs, 400-600 cc naked bike, or a 450-650cc cruiser bike.

I think the sport bike category should start from 600cc and up. I personally think there's no reason to go higher than 750cc on a sport bike, but who am I to say, when lots of hayabusa 1200cc bikes are sold?
A 750cc sports bike starts being fun at 100+ mph, but I guess that doesn't matter to some..

Anyway, I just don't think there's a big market in usa for small bikes, let alone small sports bikes. Look at the Sym Wolf 150. An awesome bike for the city, but almost zero sales.
People here prefer to trade on some mpg for the slightly higher performing 250cc models, and now are 300cc models, until the manufacturers bump it to the 400cc sweet spot.