View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
crexcrex
EcoModding Apprentice

Brick in the wind!

It wasn't too long ago when the price of gas hit an all time high of 1.00 per liter and that is when the jeep that i modded parted company, may it rest in peace as a Honda!

Unfortunately i am a sculptor of rock and in this instance a brick on four wheels inspite of the efforts to get better gas mileage pushing it over a cliff was a temptation that haunted me. That one 86 Cj 7 258 six banger with a five speed tranny. Fastback hard or soft tops, going doorless dumping excess steel and throwing on puny 235's was nothing more than a excersise in futility, from 16 miles per gallon to a paltry 26 highway city? 19...........

The days of the jeep are numbered after all it is not only a fuel sucking pig, they also ruin what nature remains. I readily admit that i was foolhardy and drove a brick no if's and buts.

A fuel efficient jeep? not in your lifetime even if you were a green 16 year old.

My thoughts are simply to sell and become a fuel sipping lunatic and buy whatever you decide, perhaps a dodge power wagon?

By the way the Jeep wave applied to those who had cj's, not tj's, yj's or cherokee's and as far as it is a jeep thing! it simply means that tearing up the contryside was a macho thing to do. How many did i own before i saw the eco lite? 18 genuine cj's fives and sevens two mb's and more.

keep your jeep if you can afford the gas, ecomodding a jeep? zero
wish you luck