View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #1171 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Science improoved life. You can't start relativism to reduce the harm made by horrible people. If I spread a virus that would kill 2000.000 people, but the science in 10 years of evolution reduced the mortality overal, despite the deads caused of virus, I'm still guilty of terrorism.

People who kill rivers, politicians that took money to allow companies destroy florests, these sort of thing...

Industry made a revolution, cars and trucks too. But science, the kind of one used for good of mankind, only get a little fraction of investment, since most come to army, to foolish, consumism.

Future populations will face reduced space. Reduced green areas. Reduced air quality, reduced water or reduced clean water per citizen. Food can be a serious problem in Africa (it's already). Overpopulation...
Moral decline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Conjecture.Standard of living has been improving for most people fairly consistently for quite a long time, especially since fossil fuels have been put to work. I see no evidence that suggests future generations will have it worse than us. Some people will be displaced, but that will occur relatively slowly over generations.

Causing real and immediate suffering for current people under the assumption they will cause imagined suffering for people who don't yet exist does not make sense.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-21-2018 at 02:58 PM..