View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #68 (permalink)
The Toecutter
Master EcoModder

Rebellion - '16 KMX Framekit Custom electric velomobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob View Post
I got a consultation with Prof. Chet Kyle regarding my proposed velomobiles, and just about the first thing he said was to avoid even longitudinal ridges. Even if they are intended to align with the streamlines, those are always being upset.
I was actually aware of this but decided that my first prototype should emphasize ease of construction over drag reduction. I don't imagine its drag is comparable to commercial velomobiles, but it still provided a more than minor improvement in cruising speed over the naked trike.

I have plans for the next iteration of the design now that I know what dimensions it needs to conform to in order to fit my measurements and function the way I intend for it to(must be able to go over potholes, speedbumps, rough roads, ect without damage).

I don't have a CAD software to use at moment, either. If I installed WinE on my Linux machine I may be able to use Pepakura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob View Post
Coroplast can take a gentle bend along the grain, or be slit on the inside for a tight curve the other way. Would folks like to see a re-print of an article on advanced techniques here?
Was this it?

https://microship.com/bob-stuart/