View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Is hotel wifi ever fast?

So, I quit my job (while I still had a choice) and got a new one in the same field with potentially better pay within a couple of days, but I need to go to Phoenix for training. I drove down the night before and am staying in a hotel. Ever since I have had a laptop, I swear that every hotel had wifi information on a card on the desk, but not this one, which cost more than I normally pay. I checked all of the drawers and everything, called the front desk, waited a surprising amount of time on hold, and the receptionist expected that I knew to connect to goesh (Go Extended Stay Hotels, which might have made sense if it were GoESH, or even better, GoESA, since it is Extended Stay America).

Brave would not let me load any web pages because it redirected me. I was able to force Internet Explorer to load it, but for the love of MacGyver, it was slow! I gave it my information and it said it e-mailed me the confirmation.

How was I supposed to open the e-mail without the Internet?! (no, it did not work on my phone). After half an hour, I was finally connected, but I honestly needed to make sure I was not on [wireless] dialup!

For the record, they did ask if I wanted a connection that was 2.5 times as fast, but I did not want to know how much extra that would have cost.

Some guy said he paid $15 and that customer was not satisfied! https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...tin_Texas.html

I am going to try to load the mobile version of webpages.

Where is the nearest McDonald's?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Extended Stay America Internet.png
Views:	79
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	23750