Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 05:08 PM   #321 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
To answer the question above, yes, you opt in to data collection when you sign up or purchase certain products. For example, the Facebook privacy policy is available to be read prior to creating an account. While I don't often read every word in a privacy policy, I do skim through them to get a general sense for their practices.

I care less about businesses collecting my info because I'm among the most difficult to market to. I'm very unsusceptible to tactics that would cause me to make a purchase based on emotion or convenience. Advertising is mostly wasted on me except for informing me that a product exists, and I seek out least marketed goods in general. Boycott any company running "You deserve" ads.

Well, my marriage certificate has "nunya" listed for my occupation. I had no idea when I applied for one that it would go on some official looking certificate. It annoys my wife about as much as it delights me. While individuals can judge me however they wish, the government has no business categorizing me as anything except a citizen of the US. It's appalling to me that I must apply for a marriage license. I'm not asking the government for permission to marry, and I regard their certificate as nothing. I have a natural right to associate and enter into contract how I see fit.
Advertising is only the ostensible reason.

As to the marriage license. You’ll want an understanding of law a great deal deeper than what’s on display. A married couple is a form of person. Not two. To start. It’s not a “freedom of association” problem.