View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

LCD vs CRT ranting

====

ADMIN NOTE: this discussion split from thread http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ity-34022.html

====

Camera already have better light sensibility, or even night vision.

Digital screens for other side... Did I told you I refuse to watch movies on LCD or LED LCD backlight TVs ?
Slim TVs killed my home movie entertainment. For me digital broadcast, at least in my country, it's a piece of crap, artefacts everywhere, detail loss, blur, banding instead of a natural degrade. This plus the garbage TVs itself, with motion blur due refreshing rate problems, problem with games due response time, angle view creating noticeable problems even in 10 degree (at least for me), venter bright than edges even if look 90 degree front, images got clipped for highlights and crushed for shadow, and if you try to reduce contrast to avoid it the image get pale and dull.

It's like they homologate the TV and PC mnitor screen to a same contrast standarts. The first PC DVD kits had faded image on computer monitor, due difference contrast standarts from video made for TV and contrast of PC screens, and if we tried adjust contrast/brightness setting on software the whites tended to clipp and shadows tendency was to crush. now both displays (TV and PC monitor) have the same, I presume, and all films look faded if not adjusted to clipp whites and crush shadows. And I refuse to watch images with destroyed dynamic range.
I refuse to watch it... And the advertises call such garbage of perfect image. I quit watch TV, that's it, digital technology destroyed television for me.

I was banned from Home Theater Forum for make complains and spot the lies of this industry.
I no longer watch films/movies, cause there is no good displays for salle, just garbage LCD/LEDs. I only watch clips on youtube, and even so not on full screen, just just a small window, cause full screen do not have a even image, since the edges are darker and the center are brighter.

LCD TVs it's one of the things I hate more in this world. I really hate it..I'm a LCD hater, I confess... and bad video compression hater...

Last edited by All Darc; 04-03-2018 at 10:42 PM..