View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 04:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
Quote:
AC sounds nice
AC makes an Insight feel like it's towing a parachute when it kicks in, plus you'll never see a best tank with it on

Quote:
Less road noise??
Insight has plenty of road noise, you're only about 4 inches off the ground and the frame is very minimal. Putting a full belly pan on my first Insight helped a little

Quote:
Simply more modern interior, are there cupholders that hold more than can of soda??
OEM seats are cheap and thin. Fuzzy door panels get dirty easily. Cup holders are soda can size. You'll need to add your own center console, they don't come with one

Quote:
Cruise Control, not willing to install that on the VX. Too much effort IMO.
I owned two Insights and it was too much effort for me to put cruise on either one of them, although I did manage to install 3-button shift knobs with brake, clutch and kill buttons on both lol

Quote:
Added MPG, but not really too concerned about that.
When you own an Insight it will be your first concern, and the mpg bug will dictate your every move in the car. You'll ride your bike, walk or bum rides for short trips so they don't throw off your tank. Wind, rain, traffic backups will ruin your day. You'll strategize every trip in the car, you'll tell friends you're busy and can't give them a ride, and your car will force you to modify your driving habits to optimize mpg (it's a common sickness most Insight owners have).

Quote:
I figure the insight might be more freeway speed friendly?
Only if it's all downhill with a tail wind and you're guaranteed that a semi will be available to draft (and you don't hit the AC button). You'll also end up hating lean burn on the highway since the purge cycle makes you work harder, and if you do end up putting cruise control on it I have no idea how the purge cycle would affect it.

Insights are like boats. The best two days of ownership are the day you buy it and the day you sell it! That being said, I still loved both of my Insights and still miss them a little

Last edited by cowmeat; 04-06-2018 at 05:13 AM..