View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
live4soccer7
EcoModding Lurker

Once you get out of lean burn with the Vx you're pretty much sitting at about 30mpg at highway speeds. Holding 65mph is about where it sits to stay in lean burn and at that point you're sitting right at 50mpg. Tail wind, head wind, incline become major factors from there.

My vx is very clean and no rust from what I can see. It's been great. It has 295K miles on it and it still performs well. I'm sure it is missing a few ponies simply on lower compression from wear and tear over 295k miles. I went through the whole engine when I got it with the exception pulling the head. I don't mess with the engine head if it doesn't need it. Doesn't leak at all. I think at this point, I simply couldn't justify getting a first gen insight since it sounds like a complete uncomfortable ride as well. My vx is super noisy on the freeway, especially on concrete sections.

My major POINT that I was hoping to achieve was much better freeway speed/economy. I can rebuild the power plant in the VX for $1500 and I'd be good to go for another 300k miles. By that time the rest of the car will probably completely fall apart and at the rate I put miles on it, I will be dead by then. lol. My next car will likely be complete EV, but I was hoping for something in between now and then. I'm still no keen on EV prices and adoption at this point.