View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 07:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
I think "classics" cars in general will lose their charm with the coming generations. The less people out there who care about a certain thing means less of that thing will be collectible. Even as time passes say a 1957 Chevy will go out of interest as nobody is left alive that always wanted one and now that they have the money can finally buy one. Oh there will always be a few. Also unlike say the 80's, 90's and into the 2000's even, cars by most opinion were getting worse not better. So getting something from the "good old days" was popular. Now it seems I almost always dream about the future more so than the past. Basically everywhere, not just cars, I see people more interested in technology than say artistry and craftsmanship. I'm 48 and do still crave things of my youth I couldn't possess. So no I don't want an old Nintendo system, I had one and played the crap out of it and it's probably in a box somewhere. The new systems are 1000 times better. But what couldn't I have in 1988 that I could have now that I actually desire? I can't think of anything... OK maybe a black Monte Carlo SS aero coupe or an 89 Turbo Trans Am. Nowadays my minivan probably would win every performance category in a head to head with those cars anyway.