View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 02:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
trebuchet03
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Let's see -- who has the money? Oh yeah, the Oil Companies! Let's kick the special interests in the bum and make the oil companies make up the difference.
I guarantee that anything they have to pay translates into what we're going to pay (and likely more to get back on the %tage profit).

On the subject of Anti-Trust laws.... It appears, at least on the surface, that our economy is too big for that to work properly... AT&T, for example.... the 7 or 8 RBOC (Baby Bells) spawned from the AT&T break up are being gobbled up by guess who? AT&T

CLICK THIS

Holy Crap <-- image is way to huge to view in post

Guess which one of the three is the biggest... Now guess which one is hardwired to eavesdrop on their digital network (phone, internet, etc.)? Funny thing is, the military advocated to keep ATT together during the antitrust trial (I wonders why )

------
I voted yes. Why? Because effectively, we've already taxed the oil companies by removing subsidies Link and we did see an increase in fuel prices not proportionate to the increasing cost of crude... But that money went to alternative fuels AFAIK.

I would also vote for a raise on foreign oil imports (still, that translates into higher prices at the pump)...

40 cents increases my fill ups (usually 13 gallons) by $5.20... But really, I shouldn't be rationalizing it that way

Quote:
If gas goes up 40 cents, and continues climbing, I'm leaving the US and living out of my Jeep.
Out of curiosity... Where would you go? Even with a 40 cent increase - we'd still have the lowest fuel prices of first world oil importing countries. I think Venezuela is the closest country with less fuel prices (I personally wouldn't want to live there though :/)...

Last edited by trebuchet03; 01-16-2008 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: huge image