View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 02:42 AM   #1441 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Storing the raw waste till the end of time is ignorant. There is no advantage to doing this.
When the raw waste separated from the fuel, the unwanted waste is reduced 85% to 95%.
The 2nd gen mixed oxide fuel is reblended with depleted uranium, which there is no shortage of and is marginally more radioactive than enriched uranium 1st Gen fuel. The MOX has a shelf life of at least a few hundred thousand years.

The concentrated nuclear by products lose 99.9% of their radioactivity after 40 years. Not "forever".

It's only "till the end of time" if you read what people with English majors have to say about nuclear related subjects and believe the fuel should be used one and thrown away.
I thought you people believed in things like recycling?

The United states recycled nuclear waste until 2004 I believe.
The point is that you have to store whatever waste you produce until it isn't harmful anymore. Toxic, nuclear, carbon dioxide, whatever. No cherry picking.

I do not like the "You people" quote that much btw.
You and I can have different opinions and don't need to agree.
Surely you wouldn't like to be a member of the group of people who label everyone they don't agree with as weirdos?

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.