View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I remember reading that something like the American Association of University Women determined that most of the gender gap was men and women choosing different specialties in the same field. Women preferred 2:1 over men for STEM faculty positions | Cornell Chronicle I understand there is a high turnover of women in STEM fields. I cannot find statistics, but I did find "[M]any women leave jobs in the science, technology, engineering and math fields within a decade of entering the STEM workforce when their male counterparts do not." https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...n-only-want-to

It says they found causes other than the family, although it does not say the family is not an influence. It also indicates that men are more likely than women to work for a boss that is a jerk and you cannot treat men and women the same, you need to treat women special.

A university planned a big Mens Rights conference. It was canceled due to complaints. A group held a meeting which attracted more protesters than investigators and then someone pulled a fire alarm.