View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
By the way, you only have freedon of speech as long nobody put you on internet without your concent. Many people today was destroyed for speak wht they think, losing job and others, because some groops felt affonded by anything and wagered a war over the guy.
No, we still have freedom of speech, we simply do not have freedom from the repercussions society places on us (both good and bad). A company has the (intrinsic) right to fire people for whatever reason they want, just as people have the right to quit for any reason they want. I am not beholden to a company, and likewise the company is not beholden to me.

I defend the right of a company to fire people for personal Tweets that do not align with the company agenda, even if I disagree with their exercise of that right. In other words, I defend the right of Google to fire the very left leaning employee who broached the subject of women in technology, for not adhering to extreme leftist dogma, even though it was foolish of Google to do that (they are eating their own).

Why would you want to work for someone that is so against a reasonable opinion you hold anyhow? I certainly wouldn't want to make a company rich by contributing my talent when they are against the things I value. I'd take getting fired by Google, or de-monetized by Facebook, or un-verified by Twitter as a badge of honor. Courage isn't falling into line with the other sheeple, it's holding steadfast to truth regardless of the consequences.

I'm not saying it's good to get fired, or to be harassed by strangers, or otherwise outcast by society, but it's even worse to give in to untruth.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!