View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
FYI everybody - Rock Auto still has some closeout Solar Guards for $3.75 plus shipping (I don't work there, I just buy a lot of closeout stuff there). If you buy like three or four they all come in one box and I think it saves on shipping.

They go on the outside of the windshield so the heat never makes it to the glass or the interior, and they block 100% of everything as far as I can tell. I use one on the Volt every day (in central Florida) and my dash is barely warm to the touch when I get in the car. Two or three other people at work also use them now. They can take a beating - I've had my Volt a year and a half, and I'm still using the same Solar Guard I used on Ron Burgundy before I had the Volt

Before I would try adding some permanent expensive film to your windshield I would try one of these. They only have the gold ones for SUVs but they have the gold, silver and blue ones left for cars

Here's the link :

https://www.rockauto.com/en/tools/ac...eld+cover,1247

UPDATE - since I was on their site I went ahead and bought three more - it was less than 20 bucks with shipping. I pretty much have a lifetime supply now!

I added a pic of how I put mine on every day. I shut the car off with the wipers up and hold the Solar Guard down with them since it gets windy here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8215.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	24035  

Last edited by cowmeat; 04-28-2018 at 05:14 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (04-27-2018), Xist (04-27-2018)