View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #50 (permalink)
j12piprius
Liberty Lover

pris prius - '12 Toyota plug in prius
90 day: 71.09 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
If you value reliability, fuel economy and utility, it's among the best cars on the road. As for comfort, I'd say it's average to above average. Dashboard-light plants the Prius as the most reliable compact in the last ~20 years.
Thanks for those details. I decided last night to see 2 different Prius', both of them 125 miles from here and 19 miles apart. The 2nd one has a much nicer finish, is a 2006, clean, but no confirmation yet of battery pack status. A friend has agreed to shuttle me down.

During the night I kept thinking about oil leaks, compression, power on hills, and decided the 200k miles was too much. There's a 2005 black Prius in town I'm going to try and see today, although I don't want black, and a white 2009 on the route south that has moderate panel damage, with 144k and 160k miles respectively. However they probably both have original batteries.

Update: The white 2009 Prius sounds good. The battery pack has likely NOT been replaced. The second owner says the car runs well on hills, but they need to use newer cars.

Would I be able to charge the individual battery pack cells without too much difficulty, (and replace when needed) to prolong the battery pack life indefinitely?

Last edited by j12piprius; 04-28-2018 at 12:44 PM..