View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 04:58 PM   #1512 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
why/political backlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
If wind and solar are so cheap and so quick to build why after 20 years of wide scale adoption has it barely carved out a sliver on our total energy produced pie chart?

I only have a 2 year associates degree in wind and solar power generation as of 2016, but what do I know.

The guy that reviewed that paper in 2009, James Shirley works at nasa JPL and edited the encyclopedia of interplanetary sciences. Right now he appears to be studying the effects of solar minimum on mars climate. Probably because of the political back lash attached to suggestion that man made global warming may not be the driving force behind climate change on earth.
You might say he sees the big picture like no one else.
If the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution hadn't been prostituted by the Supreme Court in 1886,fossil fuel corporations wouldn't have ever been able to wage a disinformation campaign against climate change,and we might have had an extra 30-years to proactively enlarge solar and wind generating capacity.Now,after losing 30-years we're forced into a reactive posture.
Corporate 'persons' have a louder voice than actual human being 'persons.'
As to political backlash,do you have a specific citation that you're thinking about.
I am aware that certain entities have moved to defund and defenestrate certain government agencies,and censure the 1st Amendment rights of government climate scientists.Presidents appoint wolves to guard the hen house.
As I understand it,within the actual scientific community,there is no question as to whether anthropogenic greenhouse gases are driving climate change or not.