View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #82 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
I'm not advocating for vigilante justice, only saying that I have little sympathy for thieves, and expect a variety of actions to be taken against them by the public when caught.

I confronted a thief who broke a window out of my car and stole my wallet. He had a 30cm screwdriver in his hand when I approached him. First I told him to drop the screwdriver, which he did. Then I told him to give back my wallet. Finally I said that he has to pay for my window plus labor or I will call the police. Of course, the lowlife had no money on him, so I called the police.

This lowlife gets 1 night in jail, which is essentially free room and food, and never pays me back for the broken window.

The window only cost $10 at a junkyard and was easy to replace, but the problem is the thief has no motivation to stop his criminal activities. If he breaks into 10 cars per night, that is a lot of unnecessary loss and frustration that the public has to endure.

I agree that criminals should be doing the most humiliating work they can as punishment. I worked 10hr days of hard labor doing landscaping when I was in prison. In my opinion, that's what people who commit misdemeanor crimes should be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I have seen articles claiming people were blaming victims, but all that I saw were accusations, not any relevant proof, even quotes.
The proof is in conversations with people, not some legal precedent or official statement. Some on the right blame women for sexual assault when they wear skimpy clothing, and some on the left blame owners for having their vehicle broken into by a crackhead.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-30-2018 at 03:10 PM..