View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterpower View Post
Perhaps if Belle had looked past to two imposing, hostile, and abusive leading men she would have noticed the smart, productive, but quiet man in town that actually shared some of her interests and would have shown kids how to have a healthy relationship. But once again it's find the biggest and richest and try to change him. "He only locks her up sometimes" is not an acceptable trait.
Yeah, agreed, but that's not how human nature is. Women like the domineering ones and the challenge to bring that person under their control. It's how women gain power and influence.

My experience is women who are most outgoing, flirtatious and attractive generally gravitate toward the domineering men. They simply aren't attracted to guys who like to watch Gilmore Girls and knit.

We are descended of a violent past, and being influential and confronting physical threats are what protected the women and children.

I kinda think modern society is depressed and obese partially due to our success in feminizing men. 40% of US women are not just overweight, but obese. It's like they have given up on being attractive to men, and likewise, men have given up on pursuing a woman by not developing strength of character.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!