View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 04:29 PM   #101 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
People refused to accept that W. was ever right. Without checking, everyone say whether they think W. or President Obama golfed more while in office.

I was not happy to go to Afghanistan, but I feel that was not my decision, although many people seem to feel the war in Afghanistan was more justified than the one in Iraq.

I don't know.

People insist that Hussein controlled the terrorists. Well, kind of.

Iraq was a State Sponsor of Terror before we invaded. We went in because of weapons of mass destruction?

Quote:
1. Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 ceasefire agreement, including interference with U.N. weapons inspectors.
2. Iraq "continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability" and "actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability" posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."
3. Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."
4. Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".
5. Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt on former President George H. W. Bush and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.
6. Members of al-Qaeda, an organization bearing responsibility for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests, including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are known to be in Iraq.
7. Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations.
8. Iraq paid bounty to families of suicide bombers.
9. The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, and those who aided or harbored them.
10. The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.
11. The governments in Turkey, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia feared Saddam and wanted him removed from power.
12. Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

There were eleven other reasons. Were they adequate? I cannot say. Is the world a better place because we went in? I do not have any idea.