View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #107 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 64.01 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
The download links on the site didn't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westb87 View Post
I thought about it and I'm still considering my SG2 to be lying to me until I calibrate again. I'm at 290 miles on this tank and I've used just the first tick-mark past a half tank of fuel. If that's about 6 gallons, I'm at 48mpg right now. Won't know for sure until I fill up, but I'm hoping! I ran a bottle of Redline SI-1 into this tank before filling up, so I'm wondering if it helped to "clean" combustion chamber/valve/injector deposits which are helping to free up some extra MPGs. Have you run any fuel system cleaner through your Civic since you've gotten it?
The fuel tank is 12 gallons used right on E (1.2 mile reserve). One tick past halfway is 11/20 marks, so theoretically you've used 6.6 gallons. 290 miles on 6.6 gallons is 43.9 mpg. However this estimate is generally 1-1.5 mpg optimistic for me at fill up. Like my tank now per Torque shows 45.2 mpg (and Torque has been within a quarter of a mpg accurate) when if I base it on the gas gauge it'd be closer to 47 mpg.

Get going on your Scangauge!!

I haven't run any fuel system cleaner in the Civic yet. Most people I've seen do it haven't noticed any benefit for the cost.

Still getting comments on my car's ecomods...one of my classmates laughed at the idea (he gets 10-15 mpg out of an '07 Saturn Vue) but my response is always that I'll be the one with money in my wallet at the end of the day.

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)