View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #144 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I once had the police follow me home from Church. After a couple of turns I stopped at a store and went in. Someone told me the police stereotype people who drive old Hondas. Mom insists my Civic is a "Drug dealer's car." I always ask why she knows drug dealers.

Many times the police have needed to pay settlements after wrongful arrest accusations were substantiated.

Black man was stopped ten times in his town, cited four times, then arrested for DUI, taken to the station, and the drug recognition expert says he should not have been arrested. Jessie Thorton sued for $500,000, but there are not any updates: https://www.abc15.com/news/region-we...irment-present

Hispanic woman in a small town adjacent to Phoenix had a Sheriff's deputy make a U-turn, follow her into her neighborhood, chase her into her backyard, tackle her in front of her son, and arrest her for disorderly conduct. The original charge was a burned-out license plate light. Elaine Sanchez and her attorneys won $30,000: Joe Arpaio Victim Scores $30K for False Arrest | Phoenix New Times

A man was stabbed in his apartment complex, but before he died a police officer asked him who stabbed him. "Frankie" [dies] Neighbors said that Frankie lived in A-11, so the police kicked down the door of A-11, and drew guns on Denny Joseph Rizzo Jr, the sole occupant of that apartment. He was arrested and jailed for seven and a half months before evidence against him was thrown out: Man's life changed forever after police arrest wrong-man - Story | KSAZ

Groups are made of individuals. Not all cops are good, nor are all of them bad. In theory, there are good politicians, too!

The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (05-05-2018)