View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
The Honda 700 is a very fuel efficient engine. A very bold move by Honda. It very well might actually beat the 500. Neither one will get within 15% of the single given the same dedicated rider.
Hey Scott, we sold the hippie bus and i started to ride the little cbr. I quickly found that i'm getting too old to ride in that position any longer. So it's up for sale and i scored a really nice NC700x manual. Wow it i so much more comfortable for me. Easy to ride, sit upright, great power and spectacular "Smiles to the Gallon".

I purchased it back in Feb and got 55mpg on the way home. Mid 20's, snow flurries and gusty 20-30mph winds. i aired up the tires and lubed the chain and got 64mpg on the next tank. I changed the oil to Rot T6, K+N air and oil filters, added a throttle lock and lubbed the chain again and netted 75mpg. I lubbed the chain again(it was really dry when i bought it) and the very next tank netted my best to date of 86! So now once the baby R sells i'd like to start making a Vetter streamlining kit for it. I'll start a build log for it when i get it started! :{)