View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
westb87
No idea what I'm doing

Sleek - '04 Honda Civic Coupe LX
90 day: 36.38 mpg (US)

Broomstick - '18 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Tech & 4Motion
90 day: 21.66 mpg (US)
Sleek WILL break 40mpg!

I just filled up this morning and I've gone from my first tank average of 33mpg to my new highest average of 38.5mpg! I've been suspecting my SGII was off and that's why I was seeing my feedback on the unit so low...for example, it was telling me that I was averaging 32-35mpg cruising at 45mph...lol. The SGII (this is the second fillup) was off by over 50%! It thought I had munched through 20.99 gallons of gas in my little Civic that has a 12.3 gallon gas tank.

I'm going to break that 40 mark guys, I promise. I still haven't removed the mudflaps or done any grille blocking. I've got a family vacation to San Antonio coming up in the next few weeks, so it may be a while before I get around to throwing my eco-mods on the car. My plan though, is to remove side mirrors (keeping the interior rear view is legal in Alabama), remove mudflaps, block upper grille, block 50% of lower grille, lawn edging air dam, and an aluminum sheeting underbelly pan. As I progress, I'll keep everyone up to date!

Broomstick (2018 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Technology & 4Motion All-Wheel Drive), Auto 8-speed with "Tip-tronic". The Family 'Wagen...also the weapon of choice of the "Wicked Witch of the Wests" a.k.a The Wife.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westb87 For This Useful Post:
cowmeat (05-08-2018), Ecky (05-08-2018)