Thread: Home CHAdeMO
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I actually could get 3 phase power if I wanted. My well had a 3 phase pump. The transformers for the well are still on the power pole just have had the 4160v line fuses pulled.
If I ever did get 3 phase power ran to the house I wouldn't want 480v 3 wire, I would get 120/208v 4 wire configuration.
Cool. Our electrical system only supplies single phase to residential (Canada). There is only 1 feeder coming from the distribution transformer in my area to the house transformer. SaskPower will bring in 3 phase if I pay for extending the other 2 phases to my property, and pay for the three phase transformer, but only if I can get my property re-zoned to commercial.

The electrical inspector tells me that it is illegal for me to 'make' 3 phase out, using a controller, to drive pumps or other loads.

But I can have 600V DC off a solar array on my house, and if I don't grid tie ... I don't even need an ELECTRICAL PERMIT. Anyone can claim to be a solar installer, dig holes in my roof, hook up high voltage DC without being an electrician .... what a system!
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-13-2019)