View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #158 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
Team Toyota
90 day: 62.22 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
Team Mazda
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
You should look at the wheel skirts on the MPGiata build thread for a transition... my wheel skirts just curved out and around the tire, kinda like a bubble, and slowly transitioned to the rear bumper cover (on the Malibu)... you gotta keep in mind how you’re gonna take this thing off should you end up with a flat tire...
Just read the whole thread. Lot of good info in there I didn't think would be applicable at first (hence why I haven't digested the thread before). After all, what applicable information could be found in a thread ecomodding a two seat roadster? But I was wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I appreciate the regard, but doubt that is methodical and not personal is way cool in my book.

If it is open in the back, then the parachute comment does not apply. Instead look up the rear wheel strakes on the back of a Prius circa 2007. Like yours it sorta extends the side skirt to the back bumper, but it also creats a strake behind each tire, reducing drag induced by the back of the tire itself, I presume. All of it is integrated into a rear diffuser assembly. Always have admired and wished I could buy and install that part on my vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Oh, but the parachute thing refers to how the area under the trunk is often open on these civics, making a giant parachute out of the rear bumper cover. A rear diffuser can fix that.
So something like that could possibly work, but only if I had a belly pan and rear diffuser installed to stop the parachuting?

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)