View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #125 (permalink)
towndrunk
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
TD, thinking of trading n the Impala for a 2014 Volt for $14k, 50,000 miles, is that a OK deal, and will you if I drive to you make it FFV. Daughters going to Mt Rushmore to work for the summer so wouldn't be till end of summer when I see it again.
Iowa is ethanol country. Makes sense to drive a FFV. I can't comment if that's a good price, but you might check Kelly Blue Book price or inquire here: Buying, Leasing & Selling - Chevy Volt

Regarding the tune, when you're ready, PM me and I can get you the latest and greatest and it's possible a local tuner shop can flash it for you. Licenses generally cost about $100 and they may have a per flash charge. You might inquire at your local performance shops to see if they do any tuning with HP Tuners software. Bear in mind, that whoever licenses your tune needs to do further updates to it since your license is stored in the ODB adapter. If you have someone else flash it next time you'd have to relicense it again.

The ethanol sensor is straight forward and consists of cutting fuel line and inline it under the hood. Parts is $45 plus any fuel line adapters you'd need, so probably closer to $100. If the wire to the ECU is already there, the install is a few hours. Otherwise can take most of a day to remove the grill of the vehicle to get to it. The ECM where the wire needs to connect, is in front of the driver's front tire and a bit hard to get to, but maybe with a lift, it might be easier. The sensor can be installed at any time. It's the tune that turns it on and uses it.