View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 06:07 AM   #213 (permalink)
ProDigit
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
Holy cow, never ridden a road legal bike this slow. It was perfectly fine at 25 mph, but when you get on 55+ mph roads it doesn't feel like enough. 'Cruising' at 55 is about 90-95% throttle. Fully tucked down it would go about 57 mph without a drafting buddy. I also went into the superman pose, which it would get up to around 60 mph. Doing the superman pose and drafting the car in front of me I was able to get up to 66 mph(flat ground!) on a stock grom.

Ignore the non-riding pants and boots...

The wheelbase is super short, which makes the bike twitchy, especially since it is so light. The seating position puts you perfectly upright, any further 'upright' and you would start leaning backwards. Sitting on the passenger seat felt perfectly natural and gives a sportier riding position other than the pegs being more forward.

I feel like an aerodynamic bike with 15 horsepower would be just about perfect for what I want. 9 horsepower and terrible aero just isn't enough.
I used to ride a 250cc bike, about 80% of the time wot,
When you hit Wide Open Throttle more than 10% of the time, the bike is too small for you. Getting a bigger cc bike, revving lower revs at those same speeds, might actually get you better MPG too.