View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fuzzy
EcoModding Lurker

Spin - '03 Mazda Miata SE
90 day: 26.55 mpg (US)
I'm sorry if my response came across wrong. I understand that you were reviewing the automatic 1998 Acura Integra with the base 140hp B18B1 engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
The newer Civic does, in fact, offer similar mileage to the Integra. The difference is the up-front cost, configuration, and transmission:
  1. My review includes a 10-year old vehicle, thus cheaper to purchase
  2. The Civic does not currently offer a 3-door with the cargo capacity (either 2- or 4-Doors), and...
  3. The 5-speed option in either vehicle is available (I reviewed the 4-speed auto)...

The newer Civic probably emits less -- it all depends on your budget and the consideration of the amount of energy it takes to manufacture and transport a new vehicle vs. a used one...

RH77
Looking strictly at the "upmarket civic" comment, I find it ironic that the current generation civic has essentially replaced the Integra... matching its msrp, weight, engine displacement, dimensions, etc.

considering all that (especially the similarity in weight/x-area/engine displacement) I find it quite interesting that the city mileage (strictly looking at EPA specifications for the 5spd manual version of both) of the civic is higher. Which (to me) raises the question of if you had an Integra, what types of tricks/tuning could be gleaned from the new civic and applied to improve your efficiency?