View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
bike4miles
EcoModding Lurker

I took a little day trip from north of Seattle to south of Seattle and back and managed about 58mpg for 65 Miles of mostly busy freeway with some stop and go according to the display. Very good considering the manny steep hills on I405! Traffic was far to heavy to drive with load and stay out of the red power zone. On flatter terrain, I’m certain I could do much better.

I can say for sure that wind noise is reduced a noticeable amount without the rear wiper so I’m very pleased with that result. No noticeable difference in throttle response or engine sound with the K&n air filter.

I did notice several cases when the ice would not shut off until I came to a complete stop, even fully warmed up at less than 15 mph on the brakes. Usually the ice will shut back offf but about 40% of the time it doesn’t until I stop. This is a bit frustrating but I guess it means that if I can keep the engine off in the first place when turning into the parking lot, I can save a lot of fuel. If anyone has a tip on how to get the engine to shut off during thes coast downs and slow speed cases, please let me know! I’m certain I would have been up over 60 today in not for this pointless idling.