View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 04:43 AM   #392 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Interesting. Black Civic coupe that needed a new head gasket and a Forester with 115,000 miles. May your Forester head gasket last as long as the new Honda one!

I feel like nothing has been working right for me lately. All that I wanted to do was write a post on one side of my screen while still reviewing your thread on the other. Do you see how well split screen is working with Win10 today?

I think I just rebooted yesterday. I gave up and went full-screen, except it isn't full screen.

The first thing I did when I woke up was take care of the last of the paperwork so I can start my new job, but my computer keeps freezing. It unfreezes after a while, but I cannot figure out what it is.

You have not had any concerns with engine compression, so you would not have any idea if that improved at all with replacing the head gasket? In theory, if the head gasket had a small leak it could have affected compression, but I think it makes more sense that compression was low for other reasons before my head gasket went out.

How far did you drive the car suspecting the head gasket? I looked at your fuel log and while this may have increased your fuel economy, there still seems to be an overall downward trend, while 137 of your tanks (so far) have beaten my average in my HX, with only one tank (so far) being equal or below.

Do you think disabling your alternator and swapping in the CX transmission are your most efficient modifications?

I would ask about replacing the head gasket, but I still think rebuilding my engine would be more efficient.

Yay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nothing is working for me lately.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	24261