View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
deluxx
Luddite

ol-green - '96 Honda Civic LX
Team Honda
90 day: 50.11 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Is that inside or outside the cabin? And if outside, it is flush with the windshield, I hope.
I need to replace the headliner in my car. You got OEM fabric or did something unique?
I placed a foil sunshade above the headliner, touching the metal, inside the cabin. out of sight.

To get the headliner out is easy, you have to unbolt the rear view mirror, sunvisor ect, pop out the little clips and interior pieces. it will fall out. Pull it out of the trunk/hatch.

Then I pulled all of the fabric off and rubbed down the old foam a quick over with a rock.
Applied the glue even and thick to the old foam/cardboard and pressed the new fabric down. Trimmed and poked holes for the interior pieces to go back in.

I used 3M Super 77 $12 The sunshade was ~$5 and the headliner fabric was $25 from Joann Fabric they have a deal %50 off utility fabric. Its got the foam on the fabric.

It's close to the same color, looks stock but a few imperfections but at least its not blowing out the window at speed. I doubt anyone would notice its not stock. Costs about $50 and ~6 hours
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deluxx For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (05-27-2018), Joggernot (05-27-2018)