View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 09:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
C-Chris...That is so cool that you're going to tour parts of South America. You should have no problem with gas mileage as the NC is well known for mid to high 60's loaded! You know, if you decide to part with those smaller touring bags i'll happily take them off of your hands for you...hehhehe :{)

If you go to Craig Vetters website you can read all about the several builds he did on the Streamliners, and the ones he helped build for other folks. Just building the tail section was a huge difference/mpg gains. And that then added a huge storage area for a guy to use inside of the new streamlined body! Fill it up man! Then he listed a reasonable difference/improvement was made when the front was completed, and yet another reasonable difference was made when they smoothed out the belly pan, then another huge difference when they started changing the shape of the modified tail section/helmet area.

And just as luck would have it, as he was finding huge improvements he was hit broadside by that stupid deer! And things came to a screeching halt as far as progress on the Vetter Streamliner. I have spoken with he and his wife Carol a few times on line. Great people!

A friend of theirs ad fellow competitor Alan Smith has made huge improvements with his 250cc Ninjas. Another friend and fellow competitor of theirs Vic Valdez he too has made huge improvements with a couple of his Ninjas.

After Craigs accident a couple of years ago, i lost touch with him and several of the others and have no idea what their current improvements/status/plans are. :{)