View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
dougfromdenver
EcoModding Lurker

Question 05 Insight 5spd w/ 71k orig. miles is likely totaled. What's its value?

Don't ask how I could run onto a curb and proceed to damage the radiator pillar and frame. But I did just that.

HELP PLEASE: I would appreciate any help as to what the car is worth. The engine is original and well cared for.

2nd OWNER: I snagged it around 5 years ago with around 35k miles on it and drove it to Colorado. bought it from a dealer in Minnesota, who took it on trade from a man who lived north of St. Paul.

NO RUST. Prior owner hardly drove it and does not show any evidence of salt exposure.

ORIGINAL BATTERY REPLACED WITH IMEI THAT AN ASE TECH KEPT IN HIS OLD 2001 INSIGHT: It seems strong as the prior owner had the vehicle hooked up to a charger and "conditioned." Aside from some normal scratches and dings, the vehicle is as good as a 71k mile Insight should be.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME UNDERSTAND ITS VALUE IF SOLD AS IS ON EBAY OR ON ANOTHER SITE? I don't think I want the insurance company to haul it to a junk yard in Denver.

WHAT ABOUT THE VALUE OF MAJOR AND MINOR COMPONENTS, BODY PARTS, THE ENGINE, MANUAL TRANNY COMPONENTS, ETC? Also IF I WERE TO SELL THE MOST VALUABLE COMPONENTS/PARTS, anyone identify which items are in the most demand and valuable if they are in excellent condition?

Thank to all who can provide some help with my questions.