View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
OfficeLinebacker
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman76 View Post
Maybe it matters which way the wind is blowing? Might make a difference in how well the cooler outside air reaches your intake.
You know that coincides with some very marginal anecdotal evidence of my own.

I am a fan of "spirited driving" on highway cloverleafs. Only in remote areas in low traffic conditions. I actually use the cruise control and see just how fast I can safely take some of the tighter ones, so I guess even my quest for speed is tempered by economy. Plus, it boils it down to the simplest type of driving--just steer.

So obviously my attention is on the road ahead above everything else. However, sometimes, I get the impression that the IAT temperatures change depending on the way I am turning. For example, cruising at 50 in a straight line, it remains constant. However let's say I take a ramp and am turning 270 degrees in the course of less than a 1/2 mile at the same speed and the IAT is different.

Also I think the value changes depending on whether I am turning left or right.

Again, I don't know which way it changes, nor do I plan to find out, but I seem to detect some kind of change in the value during or immediately after the turns.