View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
ColoradoChris
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv357 View Post
Because you are not on the hwy running high speeds, I wouldn't worry about the aero of your cargo box. Space is going to be much more important for you, as is having an extremely secure mounting system.
For the most part I agree capacity and security are more important, but the current route has about 1000 of the the 3000 miles in the US on highways. That's one way btw.

Quote:
Adding a passenger and needing to be able to remove the rear seat to refuel complicates the issue significantly. Look at what others (sendler comes to mind) have done to mount a large cargo box for ideas.
I will see if I can find sendler's post on the top box. Passenger is certainly less likely than needing to refuel but I figured I might as well see if I could make it work. My "vision" is pulling a latch pin on each side and sliding it into the rear position for fueling, rather than dismounting entirely.

Quote:
It's going to end-up being pretty high and far back, and its packed weight could cause some issues.
I was hoping that in the forward position it would be less of an issue. It should weigh less than most passengers and sit much stiller.