View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
jkv357
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoChris View Post
For the most part I agree capacity and security are more important, but the current route has about 1000 of the the 3000 miles in the US on highways. That's one way btw.

I will see if I can find sendler's post on the top box. Passenger is certainly less likely than needing to refuel but I figured I might as well see if I could make it work. My "vision" is pulling a latch pin on each side and sliding it into the rear position for fueling, rather than dismounting entirely.

I was hoping that in the forward position it would be less of an issue. It should weigh less than most passengers and sit much stiller.
I still wouldn't sweat the aero.

Are you able to fabricate and weld the brackets that you need for a system like that? Even something that would let you pivot the front up instead orf removing the box would be helpful.

It will weigh less than a passenger, but all the weight will be up pretty high and far back. The more forward you can get it to mount without being in your way the better.

With the need to be able to move rearward or upward for fueling, the design and fabrication could be challenging.