View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
ecoford
EcoModding Lurker

ecoford - '18 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Any updates on your Focus, ecoford?
Sorry I've been busy and forgot to update you guys! So as far as mpg its holding around 32 average with about 80% city driving and pretty normal driving technique. It seems to shine mostly on the highway where it has no trouble averaging 40 to 50, but in the city it has to be revved a little bit to keep up with busy traffic and that brings the average down. The on board mpg tracker seems to be accurate within a few tenths. I'm pretty happy with the mileage considering i don't really baby it and its a decently roomy and optioned car. It's been nice having a car that can go 400 miles before a fill up since the gas prices spiked recently!

As far as the car overall i'm still very happy. However, unfortunately there is one mechanical issue so far, I'm getting a kind of clunking sound intermittently between shifts mostly in 3rd and 4th (especially downshifts). It happens very rarely and doesn't effect the shifting of the car, but it is an annoying noise when it happens. I took it in but of course couldn't reproduce the issue with a tech in the car. I'm gonna have to wait until it happens more consistently or i figure out how to reproduce it. I'm not a mechanic, but it seems to me to be something slightly off in the clutch or flywheel. Obviously I'm a little disappointed in that but it doesn't actually have any impact on the driving and shifting of the car so I'm not gonna stress over it. Other than that its solid and I think it'll serve me well.
The Following User Says Thank You to ecoford For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (06-07-2018)