View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
jcp123
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Yeah, at the end of the day (we shopped used) it came down to the fact that we both liked the Chrysler's American swagger, and the same money gets a TC with half the miles and several years newer than the Ody. The Ody was better built, but it just lacked the flair of the bechromed TC. The Stow N Go seats are also a terrific feature we would definitely miss. Still this thread is good proof on why I will not overlook an Ody, though my wife's driving will probably never reveal any FE advantage.

I might actually put a current Kia on the list. I have a soft spot for Hyundai/Kia, and though the last Sedona was dreadful, we haven't touched a current gen and I'd like to at least put her in one before we say no. We did that with a few models last time, and caused us to say now to our original front runner, Ford Flex, so getting in a vehicle matters. Sienna is hideous inside and out and I'm still biased against the things. I actually like the boxy shape of the Quest, but that front fascia ruins it. I drove one years ago when I worked rental cars, and I hope they have reprogrammed or changed that CVT. It felt desperately overloaded, nervous, and entirely unable to settle on what gear band it wanted to be in. It was weird because it felt steady in the Sentra and Altima I had driven, even kind of pleasant.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17

Last edited by jcp123; 06-09-2018 at 04:52 PM..