View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #215 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts

Today was the shareholder's meeting followed by an open house. They had a photo opp line-up, speeches, food trucks and a DJ. There was one example in a dazzle camo vinyl wrap that I didn't get a picture of. I heard it had a new quad-headlight setup but it was parked nosed into a corner the rest of the day.

I heard a production number I won't repeat because I don't know if it's official. Lets just say less than Tesla. They did talk about throwing up another building and moving the production equipment into it. And there is lots of industrial shelving under tarps outside.

They think the whole factory is replicable. They talked about autonomous parking, but the Minimum Viable Product will operate without a smart phone. They expect a moderately optioned FUV to run around $15K, with the base price at $11.9K.

I had a Tempeh Ruben sandwich and a Dominator IPA.

When I parked and walked up to a crowd of eight people, one of them (a Euro-expat up from LA) was all curious about the diesel Dasher. He thought the green window tint was Ero-spec only and it's based on the NSU 80. So it was a nice introduction to the crowd.

What do you think of the silver-painted roll-cage. I think I prefer black.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (06-10-2018), NeilBlanchard (06-11-2018), niky (06-10-2018)