View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 02:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
woodsrat
Beginner Ecomodder

Ah, but the U. S. doesn't get the Zoomer, or at least the Honda version. All we get is a 49cc replica sold under the Tao-Tao name. (The Philippines do get all kinds of cool step-throughs similar to the Super Cub.)

It's an apples-to-oranges comparison, though. Even with more displacement the Zoomer is a scooter whereas the Super Cub is a true motorcycle regardless of it's underbone design.

Lots of folks say U. S. Honda pricing is through the roof. I blame at least part of this on all the EPA/DOT testing required to sell bikes in the U. S. along with the liability induced by ambulance-chasing attorneys.

I mentioned the KYMCO 125cc K-Pipe sold in the U. S. and that it's pricing adjusted to inflation is actually dead on to that of the original 49cc Cub. Add to that the simplicity of the K-Pipe (no F. I. or any of the bells-and-whistles of the Super Cub) and it actually out-Cubs the one that's been announced, the only thing lacking being the underbone-style frame. Definitely something to consider here.

(And no, I'm not a dealer or work for KYMCO, just a satisfied K-Pipe owner.)
The Following User Says Thank You to woodsrat For This Useful Post:
niky (06-10-2018)