View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #42 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I know THREE people locally who have bought Bolts. (I socialize above my pay grade )

And they're supply-limited around here. People are complaining they can't get them.

One bought a low kms trade-in; the other bought the first one an out-of-town dealer got without even driving it; the most recent buyer ordered his and had to wait 6 months for it to arrive.

I got a chance to drive one of them:

We went out for an eco-driving lesson. (Estimated remaining range increased during my demonstration drive. )

My thoughts on the car: I understand why people are interested: the incentives are hard to resist (around $10k in Ontario, I think); tons of range; the body style offers good utility; the performance is eye-opening. (You can hear the tires breaking grip when you mat the accelerator at 25 mph.)

I'll get a chance to drive one again in a few weeks - the 3rd buyer wants an eco-driving lesson too.
Keep in mind, you can put the Bolt EV into neutral by pushing the "shifter" forward and holding it there for about half a second. You can feel the regen go away. You have to put it back into D in order to get any regen, even on the brake pedal.

My family is averaging 5.3 miles / kWh over the last 1700 miles.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/