Thread: Class 8 Trucks
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
I'm sure you have weight restriction to deal with too ...

What techniques do your drivers use now? Do any of them coast to stops @ idle? Do you have to downshift to brake or are the air brake setups enough to stop the truck? How much unnecessary idling do they do? I don't mean shut them off at lights or anything, but do they unload with the truck running? leave them on during lunch breaks, etc?

The tires could be your first focal point, now keeping them @ max psi to sidewall may be the safest way to go, around here truckers use re-treaded tires and I would never trust those at any psi.

I agree removing the stacks will help. Simply pipe or dump the exhaust under the truck or out the side and away from the main air stream will save weight and start giving small benefits.

How about wheel discs? Switching your lighting to LED's. The less the alternator has to work the better ...

oh and pics pics pics ... stop teasing us and making us guess in the dark ... LOL

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???