View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
westb87
No idea what I'm doing

Sleek - '04 Honda Civic Coupe LX
90 day: 36.38 mpg (US)

Broomstick - '18 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Tech & 4Motion
90 day: 21.66 mpg (US)
Do people get upset when you do PSL?

So today on my way to work, I'm on a particular stretch of parkway that requires that I do 50mph. I get passed like I'm sitting still most of the time, but I'm in the right lane so feel free to pass, it's all good with me!

Anywho, this guy in a Ram (like I used to own before I realized just how stupid owning that truck was) passes the car that was hanging out behind me (guess they wanted to see if they could do the speed limit with me?), but does so with extreme "pedal to the metal" because I hear his exhaust roar up, he nearly hits the car he passes, then swerves in front of me and cuts me off, stomps his brakes (brake checks me), then stomps on the gas again. I give him a few flickers of my high beams because "wtf dude? I was doing the speed limit in the right lane...what more do you want?" and he goes into a COMPLETE RAGE! Stomps his brakes again, slows down to about 20mph, all the while flicking me off and flailing his "you're number 1" hand around like an insane person, then takes off.

Anybody here ever experienced someone go into a complete rage on you because you're doing PSL? My hypermiling behavior is largely determined by the surrounding conditions (traffic & weather) and I tune my behavior to what others would consider "mostly acceptable" on the road with regard to hypermiling behavior. Have you ever had someone lose their marbles on you because of hypermiling? I think more and more people are losing their minds because of all the opiates, meth, and weed that are becoming more and more pervasive in our society. My thoughts anyway... Have a great day everyone!

Broomstick (2018 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Technology & 4Motion All-Wheel Drive), Auto 8-speed with "Tip-tronic". The Family 'Wagen...also the weapon of choice of the "Wicked Witch of the Wests" a.k.a The Wife.