View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
5nahalf
Trying hard for 25mpg :(

My 21 foot eco RV 35mpg :)

Long time lurker, first time poster, so I figure I would show you my eco RV.

Here is my Vixen 21 XC. It is powered by a BMW m21 turbo diesel engine, the same one from the BMW 524td. It has a Renault 5-speed manual trans axle, she gets 30-35 mpg. The suspension is Chevy g20, and the frame is made partly from the same Chevy g20. The body is fiberglass. The engine is mounted in the rear of the vehicle and is mounted backwards, so the engine time belt/water pump is right in the back.
This one happened to of been left to rot in water for 6 years so the inside of it was very very nasty. The new inside will consist of BMW e28 red leather power sport seats up front, BMW e30 leather rear seat for the back side. The walls will be a neutral color, on the driver side wall there will be a counter top and cabinets, plus the bathroom in the back. There will be a closet on the passenger side behind the side door. The rear has a full sized bed over the engine, In there I will be putting in a LCD screen and a small 5.1 surround system. I am going to put my Mac Mini in there to run GPS and music. The floors are going to be fake wood from Ikea and the front floor will be black carpet. I am going to paint the outside of it BMW Sterling Silver with Salmon Silver lower part(the storage compartments and bumpers)

Here is the layout of the cabin

This is how she looked when it was purchased in Florida several years ago by my friend.

This is "The Blue Door" we don't know what its for but I'm going to use it to ice fish from, keep in mind this came from Florida so they couldn't really ice fish with it there.

Here is the inside after I pulled most of the rotten inside out. I used a link as the picture is huge!
IMG_800.JPG

I am also working on a 1988 BMW 325iX (AWD) to convert it over to diesel and eventually bio.