View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 02:58 PM   #2153 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 6,249 Times in 5,006 Posts
sendler — I laid awake last night [coincidently] worried that you've been trolling for a death-rate solution. I'm relieved because I can now believe we'd agree that the hippys were right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard
One of the most surprising things I learned is that during the Permian extinction, there was so much volcanic activity - the lava burned coal seams.
The expulsions of basalt were mind-boggling.
Quote:
Deccan Traps

Deccan Traps are a large igneous province located on the Deccan Plateau of west-central India (17–24N, 73–74E) and are one of the largest volcanic features on Earth. They consist of multiple layers of solidified flood basalt that together are more than 2,000 m (6,600 ft) thick, cover an area of c. 500,000 km2 (200,000 sq mi),[1] and have a volume of c. 1,000,000 km3 (200,000 cu mi).[2]
The original ground level of Eastern Washington state is now 2000ft underground.

So what's new under the sun?

It looks to be oriented N-S with the ability to rotate during the day. They claim 55% cheaper than existing and then talk about economies of scale.

Cold hearted orb that rules the night, Removes the colours from our sight, Red is grey and yellow white, But we decide which is right, And which is an illusion.
The Day Begins -- Moody Blues

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-27-2018)