View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
thoraldshib
EcoModding Lurker

Civic - '00 Honda Civic LX
Civic ViRS Clone eco build

Long time lurker, 1st time posting. I currently commute 100 miles for work driving a 2004 Civic EX Sedan Manual 31 MPG A/C - 39 MPG w/o A/C , Last year I bought a 1998 Civic Ferio ViRS D15Z7 OBD2A from Pakistan (D15B JDM) 3 stage Vtec engine (Automatic- has different intake manifold and sensors), as well AS ordered from another continent a 5 speed ECU for D15Z7 [P2J-003] from New Zealand (1998 OBD2A) I purchased a 1 owner mint condition 1999 Civic LX Sedan (OBD2B) (a identical car to the 2000 that I have been driving for 16 years - plan to move interior and suspension etc from) I Purchased a 1999 LONG GEAR manual transmission from a wrecked Civic DX Hatch.

The Question Is, people have told me that the engine being lean burn, + running a long gear transmission will make the car absolutely a nightmare to drive threw the cities in rush hour traffic, that the car will have no acceleration , this is my biggest fear not including the fact that I haven't found a adapter to run OBD2A engine harness in a car with a OBD2B chassis harness, and the pin-outs have a few wires that do not translate between A & B like Tach signal, and Cruise Input

Thank you for reading, any input would be appreciated

Long time reader,
Thorald